How to Create Your Own "Tablescape"
How To Create Your Own "Tablescape"
By now, you've heard the term "tablescapes," and have most likely seen some beautiful ones at that! Creative "do it yourselfers" (DIY-ers) have taken the Internet by storm, showcasing their inspiring creations - each one outdoing the last.
Many tablescapes look like they require a lot of money, time, and skill, but the good news is: They don't have to!
Hoffmaster is excited to show you how you can transform bland banquet and restaurant tables into tablescapes, within a reasonable budget and without expert crafting skills!
With the large selection of disposable products available, plus a few simple items that you may have on hand already, this transformation can be fun and instantaneous.
We've broken it down into 5 easy steps for you:
1. Pick your color scheme - Your colors may be inspired by existing décor, a seasonal holiday, a special occasion, or a particular centerpiece you would like to incorporate.
2. Mix colors and patterns - For example: Choose both solid and print napkins, that compliment your tablecover, tablerunners, and placemats. Match both light and dark colors from the patterns when choosing your solids. This will create a pleasant contrast in your setting.
3. Start simple and then build - Sometimes less is more, so begin with your tablecover and build in layers. If it gets too busy or cluttered, simply rearrange or remove some of the items. Try different combinations to see what looks best.
4. Little details matter - Try placing doilies under cups, glasses, plates or centerpieces. You may also like to try folding a FashnPoint® or Linen-Like® Napkin in a design that can hold a small accent piece, like a flower.
Watch Napkin Folding Video »
5. Add a fun centerpiece - This is where your creativity and craftiness can come into play. Re-purpose items you have such as candles, silk flowers, wreaths, ornaments, vases, etc.
Something as simple as a pumpkin, surrounded by leaves and small gourds, can make the perfect Fall centerpiece.
Feel free to visit Hoffmaster's Pinterest Page for more table setting ideas, suggestions, and inspiration!
Visit Us on Pinterest »
If you are still not sure where to begin, our Hoffmaster experts are here to help. To find a representative near you, click here!